19 June 2018

Rubber stamp carving workshop in Singapore

Now that I've settled into the new place, I finally have time to conduct workshops at the comfort of my Sengkang home! I'm so glad I got down to doing it because I've met so many talented and wonderful people. It also helped me consolidate what I've learnt about carving all these years. I definitely enjoyed it more than I could imagine!


For a start I offered 3 different themes, but because it's such a casual and cozy setting, the participants didn't have to stick to the theme and could even come up with their own designs!

I was extremely lucky to get a professional photographer joining my workshop on the first day! Check out the wonderful pictures he took for me!

Credits to Justin Lim (that's his amazing instagram!)





Amongst the many talented people I met, there's also a caricature artist Weiying, decoupage master Alice, and a very lively participant Mrs Nah who makes shadow boxes in her free time. When you spend most of the time alone and carving away in a little home studio, interacting with fellow crafters in person feels so refreshing!

Looking back at the past 2 weeks, it's such a humbling and rewarding experience! I'm definitely looking forward to conducting more workshops towards the end of the year. But I've got so many ideas going on, it'd be great if you could help me out! 

Lastly, I'm still open to corporate and private workshops, and you can find out more here. Feel free to email me at baisimu@gmail.com if you've got any questions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment